How to get pregnancy with Clomid (Clomiphene) - increase the chances of conceiving a child
Clomid is a lemon-colored tablet Packed in a dark glass bottle or blister. The main active substance of the drug for amenorrhea and infertility is clomiphene citrate. This drug helps the body to produce sufficient amounts of gonadotropin. And is a useful tool for women to get a long-awaited pregnancy.
- Prolonged waiting or problems with conception?
- How to speed up the pregnancy process naturally?
- Diagnosis of problems with conception
- Causes of problems with conception
- Clomid and its effectiveness for pregnancy?
- Contraindications and side effects of Clomid
- Therapy With Clomid
- Compatibility Of Clomid
- The results on Clomid
- Recipes of traditional medicine and the onset of pregnancy
There are more and more childless couples in the world. Someone is not in a hurry with the birth of a child, because they are focused on their career. Someone wants to start getting their own housing and not depend on their parents. But there are many couples who, dreaming of children, can not wait for the cherished two strips on the test. What are the reasons?
Prolonged waiting or problems with conception?
Do not panic if you have not been able to conceive a child within a few months of regular sexual activity. The probability of conceiving a perfectly healthy woman from a perfectly healthy man is only 25% per menstrual cycle. This is also due to the fact that this event can only occur during a certain period, which is called fertile.
Its maximum duration for a couple is no more than six days. Therefore, the simplest answer to the question why it is not possible to get pregnant if both partners are healthy is to choose the "wrong" days. According to statistics, every second couple tries to conceive a child during the unfavorable days of the female cycle. This happens either through ignorance, or through inattention, or because of unsaturated sexual life. The better you study your body, the closer you will be to the desired goal.
The answer to the question why it is not possible to get pregnant during ovulation is not so obvious. To give an answer to it, you will need to pass a lot of tests, pass hardware research. However, they are assigned only if the couple failed to achieve the desired result during the year.
How to speed up the pregnancy process naturally?
If we are talking about a couple of months of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant, then you should not worry. Perhaps it is the causes and factors that are not a serious obstacle to conception:
- Irregular or too frequent sexual acts that do not coincide with fertile days.
- Age of partners. Over the years, women's ability to fertilize eggs decreases, and ovulation does not occur in every menstrual cycle. In men, the number and mobility of spermatozoa decreases.
- Taking certain medications. Analgesics, antibiotics, antidepressants, and some other medications negatively affect fertility.
- Bad habits: Smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs, and even caffeine reduces the chances of getting pregnant and producing healthy offspring.
- Weakened immune system and lack of vitamins.
How to increase your chances of pregnancy in these cases? Here are some simple tips.
- Have a regular sex life. It is advisable to take a break of 3 days between sexual acts. On the one hand, this will allow you to accumulate the right amount of sperm for each attempt. On the other hand, it is necessary to normalize the quality indicators of sperm and remove stagnation in the male reproductive organs.
- Track ovulation and days favorable for conception. Fertility is controlled by natural hormones. So, before ovulation, a woman's body releases luteinizing hormone (LH). By measuring its content, it is possible to determine the onset of ovulation with a high probability. Therefore, it makes sense to purchase a test to measure the level of fertility hormones at home. Other methods for determining the best time for conception have also proven themselves well: the calendar method, measuring the basal temperature, or determining ovulation from saliva.
- Eat a healthy diet. Meals should be regular and balanced. Be sure to include in your diet slow carbohydrates, proteins (meat, eggs and legumes), dairy products, fats (olive oil, fatty sea fish, nuts), vegetables and fruits.
- Take folic acid, vitamins E and C. the Likelihood of getting pregnant increases if the body is provided with the necessary vitamins and minerals. A strong immune system is able to maintain a normal balance of hormones.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day. The best drink in preparation for conception is water. It speeds up all the metabolism and nourishes the cells with moisture.
- Eliminate stress and give up bad habits.
- Normalize the mode.
- Change from intense physical activity to moderate.
- Visit a psychologist or psychotherapist.
- Give up certain medications.
Individual or family consultation with a specialist will help you find the psychological reasons that prevent pregnancy. Often it is the partner's attitudes or fears that provoke physical problems.
Diagnosis of problems with conception
If the above recommendations did not help, and the number of months of fruitless attempts is close to 12, it's time to see a doctor who will most likely refer you to the diagnosis.
- Semen analysis. Sperm defects are the most common cause of infertility in men. The analysis allows us to evaluate the most important parameters of this biological fluid: volume, consistency, color of the ejaculate, the number and concentration of sperm, their structure and General mobility. In addition, a spermogram often includes a test for the presence of bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms in the semen.
- Determination of hormone levels. The standard list of tests for women is as follows:
- cortisol, thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH);
- follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH);
- luteinizing hormone (LH);
- prolactin (and macroprolactin);
- estradiol (E2).
Tests for both partners:
- dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DEA-S04) in serum, or 17-ketosteroids (17-CS) in urine;
- sex hormone binding globulin (gspg);
- 17-ON progesterone (17-OP).
- Detection of infections. In some cases, the cause of infertility lies in inflammatory processes of the appendages, cervix or uterine cavity, the presence of which the woman often does not even suspect. Sexually transmitted infections are often asymptomatic in men. Therefore, tests are required for the presence of DNA of microorganisms (or antibodies to them):
- Chlamydia trachomatis (chlamydia);
- Mycoplasma hominis and Mycoplasma genitalium (Mycoplasma);
- Ureaplasma urealyticum and Ureaplasma parvum (Ureaplasma);
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae (gonococci);
- Trichomonas vaginalis (Trichomonas).
- Immunological tests and assays on the compatibility of the partners. According to statistics, up to 1/5 of all infertility cases are due to immunological causes. When doctors are unable to detect the cause of infertility during initial tests, blood serum and sperm are analyzed to detect antibodies to sperm. Antispermal antibodies can be found in cervical mucus, seminal plasma, and on the surface of spermatozoa. Normally, the female body should not produce such antibodies, and the male body should not contain more than 55-60 U/ml (titer 1:200) of antibodies to sperm antigens in the ejaculate.
- Study of genetic factors of male and female infertility. The frequency of chromosomal abnormalities, according to statistics, is an average of 2.4 cases per 1000 people. Blood is taken for research.
In addition to the types of laboratory tests listed above, a woman needs to do:
- pelvic ultrasound with blood flow assessment;
- ultrasound of the thyroid and mammary glands;
- x-ray of the skull in the area of the Turkish saddle, where the pituitary gland is located;
- hysteroscopy or laparoscopy, which allows you to make a conclusion about the patency of the fallopian tubes.
It should be noted that the choice of tests for diagnostics is different in each case. The examination often takes several months. The duration is also explained by the fact that many tests can only be performed during certain phases of the menstrual cycle.
Causes of problems with conception
If the result of the study was diagnosed with infertility, do not despair. Of the total number of infertile couples, 40-60% may have their children in the future as a result of proper treatment.
But why exactly did your couple fall victim to this diagnosis and what factors could have caused the problems? Conventionally, all causes of infertility can be divided into three groups — purely female, due to the peculiarity of the structure and functioning of the female body, purely male and General, not having a gender identity.
Consider the main reasons that lead to female infertility:
- Obstruction or absence of fallopian tubes. Obstruction is usually the result of an adhesive process. Adhesions prevent the movement of spermatozoa, and also prevent the fertilized oocyte from descending into the uterine cavity. The absence of fallopian tubes occurs as a result of surgical intervention associated, for example, with ectopic pregnancy.
- Adhesive process in the pelvis. It is a consequence of the operations of the inflammatory process, endometriosis. Spikes prevent the egg from entering the tube.
- Various pathologies or absence of the uterus. Uterine pathology can be congenital (intrauterine septum, two-horned uterus, doubling of the uterus, etc.) and acquired (removal or scarring of the uterus after operations, uterine fibroids, endometritis, adenomyosis, polyps, cysts, endometrial hyperplasia).
- Prolonged absence of the first pregnancy. Due to the lack of demand for reproductive organs in them, microcirculation is disrupted, hormonal regulation becomes imperfect, which is a good reason that pregnancy does not occur for a long time.
Clomid and its effectiveness for pregnancy?
The drug is considered to be quite effective, but it should be taken with caution. It should be borne in mind that with its effectiveness, this tool is quite dangerous. If you take pills without control, the ovaries may increase in size up to 5-8 cm, which is very dangerous for a woman. This condition may be accompanied by severe intoxication, drowsiness, and pain in the lower abdomen.
The drug increases the chances of multiple pregnancies. That is, a woman can give birth to twins or even triplets. This is due to the fact that several eggs are maturing in the follicles at once, which, under appropriate conditions, can all get into the uterine cavity together.
Before prescribing the drug, a woman must undergo a number of examinations. The doctor should make sure that her temporary infertility is related to the anovulatory cycle. After all, the inability to become a mother can be associated with other reasons. For example, various tumors in the reproductive system may contribute to this. And taking Clomid increases the rate of cell division of cancer cells, therefore, the malignant process spreads faster.
Contraindications and side effects of Clomid
Not all patients can stimulate ovulation with Clomid. The fact that the drug has a large number of contraindications. In particular, it is not recommended to drink tablets if a woman has:
- Individual intolerance to any substance that is part of the drug (clomiphene or auxiliary components).
- Liver disease. The half-life of the drug from the body is long, so the drug has a negative effect on the liver. And if there are any pathologies of this organ, they can become even more pronounced
- Ovarian cyst. With regular use of Clomid, its growth is possible, and this is fraught with rupture of the tumor.
- Cancer process in the body.
- Poor eyesight. Taking the drug can lead to even more severe vision loss.
- Risk of uterine bleeding. If a woman has previously had bleeding from the uterus, it is contraindicated. Otherwise, serious blood loss is possible (one of the side effects).
If there are no contraindications, take the medicine strictly as prescribed by a doctor. After taking Clomid, you need to monitor your condition. If any side effects occur, stop using the drug and consult a doctor. This condition usually occurs in patients who are prescribed high doses of the drug.
- You may experience headaches, nausea, depression, severe pain in the lower abdomen, sweating. With long-term use of the drug, a sharp increase in body weight may occur.
- In addition, the ovaries may increase in size. Therefore, you should regularly undergo ultrasound. If there is a slight increase in the ovaries, the drug should be stopped immediately.
- In rare cases, dermatitis, itching in the nipples. Sometimes women complain of problematic urination, accompanied by pain.
What is the probability of conception when taking Clomid?
The probability of pregnancy in clomiphene treatment increases only if the cause of infertility is correctly established-the absence of ovulation. In addition, the effectiveness of the drug may be affected by the age of the woman, the use of other drugs, concomitant (but possibly undetected) disorders in the endocrine system. The probability of conception when using Clomid increases with each subsequent course. When taking the drug for 1 cycle, the chances of pregnancy increase by 10-13%. After the maximum allowed duration of admission (6 courses), this figure reaches 60%.
Women who may be pregnant are not prescribed Clomid or other progestins.
Therapy With Clomid
Drug therapy to stimulate ovulation will be effective if the data obtained during the examination of partners is carefully analyzed. Based on information about the state of the reproductive system and health in General, a infertility treatment regimen is prescribed in which Clomid can be used in conjunction with other medications (Proginova or hCG injection).
To avoid the formation of ovarian cysts, an injection of HCG can be used simultaneously with taking Clomid. As shown by ultrasound, the HCG injection is able to activate natural ovulation within the next 1-2 days. Also, the doctor may prescribe an injection to maintain the condition of the corpus luteum during pregnancy (this may be a progesterone injection). According to the reviews of women in labor, this scheme is effective if from the moment of the first introduction of HCG through injection, partners will try to conceive a child every day.
The treatment regimen With clomid, which suppresses the amount of estrogens, can be supplemented by taking Proginova at the discretion of the doctor. Containing the hormone estrogen, the auxiliary drug Proginova is prescribed to the patient for the period of 5-21 days of the menstrual cycle. It is not injected with an injection, but with Proginov tablets. They are able to normalize the hormonal background and prevent rapid depletion of the main organs of the female reproductive system, which is a side effect of Clomid.
Treatment of amenorrhea and infertility
If the patient suffers from amenorrhea, then the drug can be started at any convenient time. If the drug is prescribed for infertility, then take it from the fifth day of the cycle. The amount of the drug and the course of treatment depends on the individual characteristics of the woman. The initial dose of the drug for amenorrhea is fifty milligrams per day. Sometimes the dose is increased. If, after passing two courses of treatment for amenorrhea with this drug, there is no improvement, then you should look for another remedy.
Do not exceed the dose of clomid, as an overdose can cause vomiting, nausea, deterioration of the visual organs, swelling of the ovaries and discomfort in the lower abdomen. If you overdose, you should drink an absorbent, more water and call a doctor if your condition worsens.
Compatibility Of Clomid
The drug can be used with other medications containing gonadotropins, as well as with vitamins, minerals and plant SUPPLEMENTS (biologically active additives). Do not take the drug during breastfeeding and gestation. The drug can cause migraine-like pain, lethargy, bloating, bulimia, and frequent urination.
Using this drug can cause the conception of twins or even triplets.
The results on Clomid
It is allowed to use up to 6 full-fledged courses of treatment, if conception did not occur during their course, a repeated examination is appointed to identify previously undetermined causes of infertility. The level of effectiveness may be affected by the woman's age period, taking other medications, and accompanying changes in the endocrine system.
According to statistics, pregnancy after treatment may occur in the next cycle. The effectiveness of the course can be maintained for two calendar years due to artificial hyperstimulation. The probability of conception increases exponentially with each subsequent medication intake. By the end of the 6 period, the probability of conception increases to 60%.
Recipes of traditional medicine and the onset of pregnancy
Reviews of people who were helped to get pregnant by ovulation stimulation with folk remedies, and reviews of those who were disappointed in herbal medicine are correlated in the proportion of 50/50.
You should not underestimate traditional medicine, just as you should not rely on it completely. In any case, it is necessary to consult with an experienced herbalist, in order not to harm your body.
According to reviews, the most popular folk remedies for ovulation stimulation are a decoction of sage containing a large amount of phytoestrogen. No less well-known drugs from aloe petals mixed with milk and honey, a decoction of plantain seed and rose petals.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Delaware, OH / 34
I started taking a decoction of sage on my own. For the first 8 days, starting from the 5th day of the cycle, I mixed it with lime color. Then, with the help of ovulation tests, I determined day X and started drinking a decoction of the hog uterus starting from it. I don't know if it was a coincidence or if the herbs really helped, but I got pregnant in the first cycle of taking herbs.
★ ★ ★ ★
Eugene, OR / 32
It's great that you did it. Taking herbs can actually speed up ovulation. But do not forget that many of them contain natural phytoestrogens and are contraindicated in polycystic, endometriosis, and fibroids.
★ ★ ★
Dallas, TX / 28
Girls, need reviews, who got pregnant after taking a decoction of rose petals?
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
San Diego, CA / 37
I drank the broth for 2 months, everything worked out!! I was observed by a doctor and according to the tests, all my hormones were normal, so I started looking for folk remedies.
Winter Haven, FL / 42
In any case, I do not deny the use of folk methods. But from personal experience, I can say – do not waste time. I drank different decoctions and tinctures for a year, nothing helped! Sorry for the lost time. My advice is only to see a doctor.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Johnstown, PA / 41
We need feedback from those who got pregnant with a decoction of sage.
Enterprise, AL / 26
It didn't help me. Saw a decoction of sage and hog uterus. After the course, she started bleeding, went for an ultrasound and as a result – polycystic ovaries.
Maple Shade, NJ / 37
I was afraid of the hormones that the doctor prescribed to stimulate ovulation, and began to drink a decoction of sage and pineapple. The result is an imbalance of hormones and mastopathy.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Warwick, SD / 35
In the break between stimulations, I decided to try folk remedies. I read reviews about sage, that it causes ovulation and decided to drink. Maybe someone took it?
Santa Claus, IN / 32
I also read reviews, and saw exactly a year – no changes. Neither in the direction of improvement, nor in the direction of deterioration. I think that everything is useless.
★ ★ ★ ★
San Diego, CA / 43
I didn't drink Sage – I won't say anything. I took a Borovoi uterus, a course. I don't know what helped, but as soon as I finished packing, I found out I was pregnant.
Reviews, questions and answers in this article consist entirely of real stories and reviews of those who were helped to get pregnant by folk recipes. After reading all the reviews, you understand that it is impossible to name a drug or a means for pregnancy that gives an absolute guarantee - does not exist.
The effect of Clomid and other modern drugs is individual for each organism. Therefore, medicines and folk remedies that helped in one case may be completely useless and harmful in another. The only correct solution is to follow the doctor's recommendations and then sooner or later you will get pregnant.